Saturday, September 22, 2012

Don't forget to Craft, folks!

I have been less than pleasant this last month. I know. Who would have guessed? :D

Seriously, though, I've been down, worn out, cranky, and generally feeling the blues, seasonal or not. I mean, school started, and for a homeschooling mom that means work started. I have novels coming out others coming back in with big, lovely rejection letters attached, I have a release coming, a preschool co-op to work into my regular school day, holidays coming, a birthday party to plan, costumes to make for Halloween, etc.

And I've been feeling the stress. Not just a leetle.

But in the midst of all that, I decided to sign up for another Ravel Trek tour. I just had way too much fun this summer to miss out on the next round. Anyway, today they assigned ships and announced a "mini-mission" and I was off. I'd been waiting for this, and here it was. Time to crochet!

I made a soap sack. Just a wee project. It took me less than half an hour.


AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!

How is it that one little selfish indulgence can off-gas all that stress? I don't understand the physics of it, but dang. I need to remember that little trick. Play. Dear heavens yes. PLAY.
Don't forget to craft folks, it might just save your life.

:)
Ensign Neffis of the USS Noro (as of today)

1 comment:

  1. I've been crocheting like a madwoman to deal with all the stress of the last two months. It does help plus it's something I can do even on my worst fibromyalgia days. The couch, tv, and I have become great friends lately. And my yarn stash has taken over the family room...

    ReplyDelete